রবিবার, ২ মার্চ, ২০১৪

English poetry – Indrani Sarkar



A white dove

The shine in your eyes
sparkles when you see me,
love flourishes as a lotus
caressed by a humming bee.
You and me are two stars
in the darkened night sky.
We unite through a bridge
and see the love eye to eye.
I choose you as my consort
on this magical day of love.
God sends us a white dove
and red roses from up above.



The past bade adieu

The vagabond mind searches
the most precious jewel which is lost
in the woods and the red brick path
some day and somewhere.
The mind is stolen along with
the tides of that wild river.
The mind stoops in a drunken mood
along with the spring air.
It's going to rain throughout the night.
What if an ocean forms in my courtyard?
I do not know how to swim.
The moon has disappeared behind the river.
Isn't today a lunar fortnight?
Lights have suddenly gone dim!
My wounded heart has forgotten
all the poems I created.
There lies my canvas, blank
waiting to be painted.
The clouds are wrapping the whole sky
and I feel lonely as I search for you.
I stare for long with despair as it seems
that the past has bidden me adieu.



A slender spring


That poem I have read once
where they talk about
the renouncing moonlight.
Last night that renouncing moonlight
came down in my balcony.
Her face was covered with a veil.
I opened the door,
when she entered my room.
She was illuminated by
an incandescent light.
I felt her heart was filled with an
emptiness like a lonely hill.
She unveiled her face
when I stared at her in surprise!
A slender spring came down
cascading through the moonlight beam.



Me and my ever loving friend

One golden day I asked you to
let me float on your lotus leave
as I was about to drown.
You multiplied to thousand leaves
and let me float on your lake
of poetry with much care.
One cloudy morning I,
a wounded bird called you
to help me fly back to the sky.
You cast a shadow and let your
medicine to drip on my wound to heal it
and let me fly back to that blue sky.
So I float like a lotus leaf on your lake of poetry
and fly as a bird in your mind's sky.
Once again you taught me what love is
by loving me every day in an unselfish way.