মঙ্গলবার, ১৯ আগস্ট, ২০১৪

English Poetry – Indrani Sarkar

YOU AND ONLY YOU

I remember, I remember
When our eyes met
for the first time.

Your enchanted vision
had a curious angle,
dream only dream as
I perceived and trembled.

Days after days
we exchanged
our perpetual
thoughts ceaselessly.

One day I woke up
from my dream and
found your shadow
fading in my utter bewilderment.



SUPERNOVA STARS

Stars in Venice sky
reminds me of you.

Your eyes moistened
with small teardrops

which  stayed at  the
corner of your eyes
where I found the love.

The polar star I often see
in those distant Atlantic skies
as I walk along
Halifax's harbor sides.

The light deemed to be
dimmer and dimmer
and finally disappears
in the sky supernova.


EVERLASTING

Love entraps me
the day our eyes meet.
I let my love cherish
in your deep loving heart.
Upon embracing you
I close my eyes.
We are so close that
your breath touches me.
I feel a numbness
running through my veins.
My heart dissolves
into the petals of your lips.
Our fathomless smiles,
silent exchange of thoughts,
perpetual unconditional love
make you my ever loving
soul mate, eternal and everlasting.....


MY DREAM AND YOU

The dream that I often dream
either consciously or unconsciously;
where you're sleeping on your bed.
Your luxurious room is at the center
of a beautiful marble palace surrounded
by fancy landscape and fountains.
You're sleeping like a child with no sense
about the happenings around you,
when I come flying to you like an Angel.
I crouch down in front of you and kiss
your forehead, your puffy cheeks and
very softly on your rose-petal shaped lips.
You do not wake up rather you smile
in sleep with a sign of satisfaction.

Silently I leave the room and fly back home.