শুক্রবার, ৩১ মে, ২০১৩

ইংরাজী কবিতা - ইন্দ্রানী সরকার

ইংরাজী কবিতা
ইন্দ্রানী সরকার


The tale of a fairy

She was playing "love me or love me not"
with a rose petal while sitting under a tree
next to the river in a beautiful rosy evening.

Her legs were spread wide in the grass.
She had a green skirt with black stripes
and a pink blouse top with floral designs.

The rainbow colors from evening sky were
being reflected from her expressive eyes
A lovely smile adorned her beautiful face.

The pearl necklace around her neck is
glittering in the sunlight like sparkling stars.
Her rosy cheeks which looks like the
sinking sun like the color of an an egg yolk
has created a magic surrounding her.
Her sleek fingers similar to Champak flowers
were taking out the petals from a rose
one after another hurriedly.
The sweat drops on her nose is shining like
the morning dew on a lotus leave.
The tufts of her hairs have covered her
pretty face which resembles the moon
surrounded by cluster of clouds.

O dear! Please go to your room
otherwise those mischievous
red vagabond clouds are going
to cast a spell on you !
What did you get dear by tearing
those rose leaves apart?
She replied, "What else?
Why should I tell you my secret?"
All right dear, then do not say and
I hardly care about your fantasies
O my mischievous lovely lady.


Rain and Existence

Rain, melting and dropping on the trees.
Leaves, drenched by the monsoon rain,
Sway with the wind, as if an organ is
Playing its notes, happily, rhythmically.
Some feeble and dead leaves fall of trees.
So sad, end of their lifetimes and making
Rooms for next generations full of youth.
Green, youthful leaves are drinking rain
And playing with the wind hastily as if
the game will be over soon, however
the game goes on until the final stop.
Slowly sun comes out through the clouds.
Dazzling sunlight spreads all over.
We are still here and alive and will enjoy
Every moment with our hearts full of love.
Love, the essential part of our lives is
Needed for all living beings in Universe.



Expedition


I walk alone by the sea..........
Leaving my footsteps on the sand.
The mystic night with the crescent moon
Show my way in the dark.
The shiny polar star calls me from
Far far away to visit its land......
I keep on walking through the gusty wind,
Through the beaming moonlight,
Through the sound of rise and fall
Of the waves to a country unknown.........

Your Thoughts

I am so very thirsty
due to hot sun-rays...
Hope I could have sipped
the nectar from your velvety lips...

I stare at your forehead
Adorned by a red dot...
So beautiful to look at,
My eyes eventually got frozen.

I have made so many attempts
To escape from your eyes....
Alas! I come back to them
Again and again.

When I think of keeping
Almost no distance
Between you and me,
I tremble for you, my love!

I am miles away from you...
I kept on burning...
I will at last become
A burnt charcoal....!!