বৃহস্পতিবার, ২ মে, ২০১৩

ইংরাজি কবিতা - ইন্দ্রানী সরকার

Indrani Sarkar


I FOUND MY STAR


I looked out the sky...
I found my Star is stolen
In the deep blue of the sky.
I looked for my Star through
The shadowy trees and
Through the clouds...
I only saw the Moon
Smiling at me mischievously.

Suddenly a storm came,
The trees started swaying
With the wind .....
The Moon hid behind the clouds....
All dark in the earth....

After a while the
Storm has stopped.
The clouds started
Gliding under the sky....
The moon re-appeared
With its lovely smile....
Through the darkness
Of the shadowy trees
I found my Star
Shining with an eternal beauty...



YOU, ME AND THE RAIN

It's going rain throughout the night.
What if an ocean forms in your courtyard?
Do you know how to swim?

The moon has disappeared behind the river.
Strange! Why is so?
Isn't today a lunar fortnight?

My wounded heart has forgotten
All the poems I wrote.

There lies my canvas, blank,
Waiting to be painted.

The clouds are wrapping the whole sky.
Let it rain with the sound of ringing bells.
We will celebrate the rain together.

I will remember my poems once more.
I will start to paint on the canvas again.

We will start singing in the rain,
All our old songs once again.



FALLING IN LOVE


In my heart, I stare at you,
with my eyes I love.
As you come to me, I cherish
every moment that I have.
Upon finding you, I seem
to have lost my senses.
The romance has begun
only due to your grace.
You have made me happy
with your gentle loving heart.
I shift between pain and joy,
what a spell you have cast?
As I look at you, flowers
start blooming around me.
Every second becomes a
wild wanting, it is and it will ever be.



THE JAPANESE MAPLE

The Japanese Maple has bent
due to the lavish rainfall.
The plant is like a young lady,
beautiful and shy.
The leaves are reaching the ground
due to the pouring rain.
With her sleek fingers she is trying
to reach the ground
as it's her best friend.
Her deep red color is shining
deeply after the rainfall.
She has stolen all the red
from the red roses, rainbows
and has become a red fairy.
As I touch her, her beautiful
and slim figure starts shaking
shyly from my touch.
All her leaves start swaying
to the breeze.
She whispered in my ear and
Said, "O my friend,
I have found
my best friend and
that is why I am so happy."