সোমবার, ১৬ জুন, ২০১৪

English poetry – Indrani Sarkar

A white dove





The shine in your eyes

sparkles when you see me,

love flourishes as a lotus

caressed by a humming bee.

You and me are two stars

in the darkened night sky.

We unite through a bridge

and see the love eye to eye.

I choose you as my consort

on this magical day of love.

God sends us a white dove


and red roses from up above.






The past bade adieu





The vagabond mind searches

the most precious jewel which is lost

in the woods and the red brick path

some day and somewhere.

The mind is stolen along with

the tides of that wild river.

The mind stoops in a drunken mood

along with the spring air.

It's going to rain throughout the night.

What if an ocean forms in my courtyard?

I do not know how to swim.

The moon has disappeared behind the river.

Isn't today a lunar fortnight?

Lights have suddenly gone dim!

My wounded heart has forgotten

all the poems I created.

There lies my canvas, blank

waiting to be painted.

The clouds are wrapping the whole sky

and I feel lonely as I search for you.

I stare for long with despair as it seems

that the past has bidden me adieu.






A slender spring





That poem I have read once

where they talk about

the renouncing moonlight.

Last night that renouncing moonlight

came down in my balcony.

Her face was covered with a veil.

I opened the door,

when she entered my room.

She was illuminated by

an incandescent light.

I felt her heart was filled with an

emptiness like a lonely hill.

She unveiled her face

when I stared at her in surprise!

A slender spring came down

cascading through the moonlight beam.






Me and my ever loving friend




One golden day I asked you to

let me float on your lotus leave

as I was about to drown.

You multiplied to thousand leaves

and let me float on your lake

of poetry with much care.

One cloudy morning I,

a wounded bird called you

to help me fly back to the sky.

You cast a shadow and let your

medicine to drip on my wound to heal it

and let me fly back to that blue sky.

So I float like a lotus leaf on your lake of poetry

and fly as a bird in your mind's sky.

Once again you taught me what love is

by loving me every day in an unselfish way.