বৃহস্পতিবার, ৬ ফেব্রুয়ারী, ২০১৪

English Poetry – Indrani Sarkar

I love you, I love you
Indrani Sarkar


Oh my sweetest paragon of beauty!
I am submerged in your serenity.

The full moon is gazing at you as
it showers a fountain of light all
around you and feeling blessed
in your divine and glorious presence.

How can I express your subtle and
delicate look with some words!

The cascading silken dress with
its shiny white laces absorbs all
the impurities in this Earth.

I stare at you for hours and hours
waiting for you to wake up and
to look at me when I hear you
whispering, "I love you my dear."

Oh that dream I like to dream each night
as you come to my close sight,
your image lingers in my mind
and I say, "I love you, I love you."


2.

As soon as I think of you
my thoughts become fancy.
The beauty spot on your chin
made by the stars and your
hypnotic smile, my life gets
trapped in your quick embrace.
The illusory clouds smile
with the soft sun and like the
friar's lantern you disappear.
Your gradually fading shadow
brings me to tears dripping like wax.
I kept staring at the pathway for your return.